When Nvidia can make investments in AI startups, it’s most likely a excellent concept to sit up and consider observe: The GPU maker has basically enabled contemporary AI in many approaches, and so it’s most likely noticed the gamut of possible programs of its know-how above the many years, and must know superior than most what is likely to operate out and what is not. 6 new companies have garnered not only focus, but funding from Nvidia, through its GPU Ventures investment arm.
These incorporate companies from all above the environment, with various organization and industry focuses, including retail analytics, information mining, autonomous vehicle improvement, voice-driven interfaces, climate forecasting and professional medical imagery. The diversity of unique uses is most likely at least partly strategic, due to the fact it does a excellent job of displaying off the terrific variety Nvidia’s know-how has in phrases of possible programs in this growing field.
Nvidia also has a new site committed to GPU Ventures, including a total listing of its latest portfolio, and a document of preceding investments that have due to the fact experienced successful exists.
Here’s the new listing of companies joining the GPU Ventures ranks. Optimus Trip is a firm with promising complex talent that must be revealing much more about its product or service quickly, and SoundHound’s AI pivot is an appealing twist in that startup’s somewhat storied heritage:
- ABEJA – Tokyo-dependent startup targeted on AI-driven retail analytics units
- Datalogue – New York AI information-mining system produced out of Cornell College
- Optimus Trip – MIT spinoff producing completely autonomous vehicles
- SoundHound – Silicon Valley startup constructing voice-enabled AI solutions
- TempoQuest — Boulder, Colo.-dependent startup executing GPU-accelerated climate forecasting
- Zebra Healthcare – Israeli-dependent startup utilizing AI to go through professional medical visuals